Clinical first responder training helps to prepare individuals to provide mental health crisis management in an emergency. This type of training can cover a wide range of topics, from wilderness therapy to crisis counseling and de-escalation techniques. By training employees in these skills, schools and businesses can respond when needed and help save lives explains Eva Carlston Academy.
Peak Experience Training is proud to have shared its 100+ years of combined experience to train and prepare people from all walks of life. Recently, Residential Director Brad Norman, Program Director Stephanie Taylor, and Training Director Aly Peiffer of Eva Carlston Academy have undergone training and are now ready to provide crisis response when needed. Eva Carlston Academy reviews the finer details of their training and learn how they can put it to use.
A Two-Part Training Course to Prepare First Responders
Peak Experience Training was founded by Psychotherapists Sandy Newes and Scott Bandoroff to provide clinical training for anyone interested in learning how to handle mental health crisis emergencies. Based on their many years of administering wilderness and adventure therapy, they created a two-module training course than can be taken online or in person as Eva Carlston Academy staff did. Over the course of the two modules, enrollees learn:
● Communication skills
● Clinical ethics
● Basic assessment and diagnostics
● Suicide and crisis prevention skills
● Anxiety treatment
● Trauma treatment
Between the two models, hopeful students should prepare for 8 days starting from 8:00 AM and continuing until after 7:30 PM. This is a highly intensive course meant to prepare average citizens for the complexities of mental health treatment and diagnosis Eva Carlston Academy reviews.
Applicants who successfully complete both modules are awarded certification as clinical first responders. This certification is valid for 3 years and can be renewed via an online recertification course reviews Eva Carlston Academy.
How These Skills Benefit Eva Carlston Academy Students
The skills learned in clinical first responder training can be beneficial in a number of ways. First, this type of training can help employees to be better prepared for mental health emergencies that may occur at work reviews Eva Carlston Academy.
If a client is experiencing a mental health crisis and displaying dangerous behavior, those staff with this type of training will be able to provide care and de-escalate the situation.
Clinical First Responder Training Will Prepare Eva Carlston Academy for Anything
Few therapeutic services offer what Eva Carlston Academy can provide. As a female-owned and operated art therapy school, Eva Carlston Academy has dedicated itself to protecting and supporting teen and adolescent girls as they overcome trauma, depression, anxiety, and personality disorders. Yet this work is far from easy.
Adolescence is marked by a constant shift in identity and teenagers often struggle to face the uphill battle of overcoming mental health issues. Between the pressures of society and expectations set on them by their peers, many young girls turn to substance abuse, promiscuity, and other risky behaviors that mark them as individuals.
These risk factors present many challenges for the directors and therapists at Eva Carlston Academy but, through clinical first responder training, they have managed to build on prior knowledge and provide a higher quality of care:
1. De-escalation and Crisis Prevention Training – In any situation involving mental health issues, it’s of the utmost importance that therapists and directors are trained to handle crises. Whether a program member becomes suicidal or begins acting out in a violent way, clinical first responder training prepares therapists to de-escalate the situation.
2. Anxiety Treatment – Many of the girls who come to Eva Carlston Academy have a history of anxiety, self-harm, and even suicidal behavior. In order to provide them with the best possible care, it’s essential that the staff is trained in the right protocols. Clinical first responder training covers this topic in-depth, giving staff the knowledge they need to effectively treat clients.
3. Trauma Treatment – Trauma is another issue that many of the girls at Eva Carlston Academy face. Through clinical first responder training, the staff has learned how to effectively treat clients who have experienced trauma. This includes both psychological and physical trauma, giving staff the skills, they need to provide comprehensive care.
With three Eva Carlston directors now certified through the Peak Experience training course, the program is better able to care for its clients.
Clinical first responder training is a valuable asset for any business or individual. This type of training can help employees to be better prepared for medical emergencies and can also benefit average citizens. By training employees in these skills, businesses and schools can provide better care for their clients and help to save lives.